Friday, December 26, 2008

Before Christmas update

I wrote this post a few days ago...so its a little outdated, but had some good info!

Hey everyone! We finally got our laptop! This has been a long time coming. I am definitely a picky shopper when it comes to large purchases. I get so nervous when I buy stuff! My heart was beating so fast when we were waiting in line to pay for it. Anyway, it’s done, and my blood pressure is slowly returning to normal.

It has been a true whirlwind the past few weeks. I cannot believe Christmas is almost here! We have taken our childbirth classes and I went to my breastfeeding class last week too. As a matter of fact, I ran into Kelly at that class. I saw her and thought that looks an awful lot like her, but I wasn’t sure. I think her hair was a little longer than in her pics on her blog! Ha. Anyway I was confirmed when I saw the sign in sheet and her name was there. So I said hi after class. How funny to run into people from the blogosphere! She was just as sweet in person as she is online!

I need to update you on my last shower! It was almost three weeks ago now. It was in Bryant--where I am originally from. It was at my aunt’s house and family and friends were invited. My best friends, Natalie and Kristen, threw the shower with my Aunt Nadine and her daughter-in-law, Courtney. I received some great gifts, had great food, and visited with relatives and friends for quite awhile. I received my highchair, swing, bumbo, boppy, some toys, diapers, wipes, lotion, some very cute outfits, and a very special quilt that Natalie’s mom, Judy, made for us. It is perfect for Jonah’s room and it has so much hand stitched detail. I would never have the patience or creativity to do that!

Last weekend was crazy! Friday evening I was frantically trying to clean my house. Saturday morning we had our last childbirth class. Then later that afternoon, my family came up to celebrate our Christmas on Saturday. My brother smoked a brisket that was so good. He made baked beans too. Then between my mom and I we had twice baked potatoes, corn, homemade rolls, salad, egg nog, pecan pie, chocolate cake, and banana pudding cheesecake. It was a very different Christmas meal, but we usually do something different. By Christmas we are tired of turkey and dressing, so we dream up something else to fix. Last year I think we had filet mignon and the one before we had prime rib.

I cannot believe that my pregnancy is coming to an end! I have no notions that I will go early. I really think I will be overdue. Just my feeling, I guess. I don’t particularly want to be induced, but if he’s not coming, I will do what I have to. I don’t have any real anxieties about it all…yet. I’m sure they will come, but for now it still seems so far away…but it’s so NOT far away! Can I say I can’t wait till this boy ‘drops’? I can’t breathe! Oh well, he’s worth it. I’ll take a few extra deep breaths every few hours to keep enough oxygen in my brain.

No comments: