Monday, June 16, 2008

There is a heartbeat!

Notice I said "a heartbeat." That's because there's one little baby in there. We went to the doc May 28th (I know, its been forever since I've updated...sorry!). Jeremy came with me and we held our breath as Dr Bailey did the 6 week ultrasound. He told us that there was one baby in there and showed us the little blip on the screen that was our baby's heartbeat! He said it probably had started beating the day before! We couldn't believe it! We were so excited to have proof that there's something in there!

My Fertility clinic called me later that day to tell me to stop taking the progesterone shots. I was happy to quit those! Being woken up at 5:30 am to have a huge needle stuck in your hip did not make for a cheery girl. I am still on a different form of progesterone at least until my 11 week appt. That's totally fine with me. They also told me that I was released from the fertility clinic and I was a regular patient. Me? Regular? What a nice thing to hear.

Shortly after my drs appt I headed to Orange Beach, AL with my best friend Natalie, her two kids, her sister, her two kids, and their mom. It was a really pretty place. We had great weather, good food, good shopping and a beautiful beach. We had fun one night looking for crabs on the beach with the kids. Natalie and I wanted to catch a big one so bad, but we were both so feaked out by it, that everytime we tried to get him in our net, we both would scream like little girls! So funny! The kids would run away while we just screamed and laughed. I wish we had that on video tape! Poor Natalie woke up one night with a horrible earache. She had to go to the walk-in clinic and they gave her all kinds of medicine to make her feel better, but it was a good day and a half until she felt partway human again. She is still fighting that ear infection. I pray that I never have to deal with one of those.

Lately I've just been working and trying to keep my house together! My husband so kindly cleaned our house from top to bottom while I was on vacation. He kept telling me on the phone that he had just taken it easy because he was so tired from work. He's been working M-Sat and clocking around 60 hrs a week. He had NOT been taking it easy. He cleaned out our closet and garage. He picked up and cleaned our bedroom and bathroom, dusted, vacuumed, everything! What a wonderful thing to come home from a trip to. He can be a real sweetie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its so good to hear from you. I'm so thankful you are doing so good. I know our paths don't cross that often but I wish you the very best on your pregnancy. If I can do anything for you please let me know. K.Barnes, J.McCash's Mom.

Anonymous said...

Our next beach trip will be longer and with both hubbies. My kids will be older and we can all do our own thing on the beach. We can share a condo again and the whole week this time. Next summer peanut will be about 5 or 6 monthes. Just old enough to really get a handful of sand to eat! I love you.
Nat

Kelly said...

I'm on the different kind of progesterine too. (fun, huh?) but better than a shot! :-)