Monday, April 28, 2008

I am humbled...

Look what arrived at my house Sunday afternoon! Jeremy's cousins, David and Catherine, and his mom, Barbara, and his sister, Kara brought me this basket! It is the ultimate in care packages.

There are books, crossword puzzles, magazines, snacks, cash, gift cards, and the sweetest cards and notes. There are even grandma Walker's homemade snicker doodle cookies! Many of you may have known about this before I did. From what I understand, Catherine worked hard to contact people and many of you responded in love. Can I say how touched we are? Your money will help us pay for gas and medication. Your snacks will keep us chubby :) Your books and mags are right up our alley! Who of you knew I LOVED crossword puzzles? I have been journaling about this journey randomly, but now I even have a new journal to put it all in one place. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have enjoyed daydreaming about baby names, which room we will choose for our nursery, how we will decorate the room--all of these ideas are down in my new journal. Even if this doesn't work for us, we have hope. We have family and friends-who-are-like-family who we love. We know if I give birth to a child or if we adopt that you all will love and cherish that child with no reservations. I am so thankful. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts for your love, kindness, prayers, support, and giving spirit.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That is so nice. I love that idea. You are a very lucky lady.

Suz said...

Hi Adrienne,
I came across your blog through Catherine's.. I hope you don't mind! It's a small world! My family is good friends with your in laws... My maiden name is Dennis.. Anyway, I just saw your blog, and my heart goes out for you guys! I will put you on my daily prayer list! It is all in God's timing! I know this is so difficult, but it looks like you have a strong head on your shoulders!

If you don't mind, I am going to add your blog to my page so I can check back on your blog!

Best of luck!

Suzette

Brittney said...

Hey! I saw a link to your blog on a friends' so I thought I'd stop by and say hi. I will definitely keep you in my prayers. I can't imagine what you must be going through!