Monday, November 03, 2008

Thanks and BHS 10 yr Reunion



Thanks for all the sweet comments about the loss of our puppy. I felt better knowing that I am not the only one who would be very sad at the loss of their pet. I'm still not quite used to the quietness around our house. I have not broken the habit of thinking I need to feed her in the mornings...or looking for her to run up and greet us when we come home from work. I have not moved any of her things: her bed, her food bowls, her leash...all where it should be. I couldn't bring myself to take down her picture from my station at work. Although it is almost more painful because unknowing customers will ask me about my cute dog in the picture!

Moving right along...My 10 year high school reunion was last weekend. It included a daytime picnic at the park in my hometown and dinner and such at The Flying Saucer in Little Rock. It was a big nerve wracking experience getting ready for it, but once we were there, I had a really good time. It was so nice to see old classmates. I don't have the pics off my camera yet, but I stole some from Facebook!

This is a pic of us from our picnic. I know you really can't tell where I am or anything, but just an idea of how many of us showed up. I graduated with 320 something and I have no idea how many actually came to the reunion. There were too many kids and spouses to really get an idea. This isn't so great of a shot of my group of friends. I am standing in front of my husband (sorry!) but you see how great we all looked ;) L to R: Natalie, her hubby Jeremy, me, my hubby Jeremy behind me, Kristen, her hubby Mark behind her, and a friend from high school Amanda. We had a big after party (haha) at IHOP afterwards (we were starving) and didn't get home until 2 a.m. That is a rarity for me! I do have better pics to share and I will do so when I can remember to bring my USB cord for my camera to my mom's next time.

As for Jeremy and I, we are trying to get this nursery underway. It is getting there, albeit very slowly. Unfortunately we have to work and such in the meantime. I am still working on the bedding. I finished the ties for the bumper pad recently and they were a booger! Not hard, just a pain. Anyway, they're done, so now I move onto actually sewing the bumper pad. Hopefully that will go quickly. Like less than 11 weeks, because that is all I have left! Maybe 12 at the most if I go a week late! Aye yi yi! We are working on our Christmas choir performance at church and I am worried that I may not be able to stand very comfortably by then! Oh well, I gotta stand at work too, so I will figure something out! I think the end of this year is going to fly by.

Have a great week all! Say a prayer for God's will for us this week, we may have an offer on some of our land soon. That would be a wonderful opportunity for us, Lord willing.

4 comments:

The Allens said...

I am still very impressed that you are making your own bedding!

Jessica said...

You look so pretty in your reunion picture!

Twice as Nice said...

We're having a give away and would love for you to be a part of it :o)

Twice as Nice said...

So sad about your puppy. We have 1 dog and 2 cats. The dog we had before this one we had about 13 years and it just about killed me when she died. Every day I would go to feed her or when I would look out on our deck I thought I saw her because it was winter and snowy and she was white. Took a long time. They are just like family.
I stopped by to tell you I just LOVED your quote about the cowboys. Very cute for a little boy. Thanks for stopping by and congrats on the baby :o)